Shabiby Bus Service ("https://shabiby.co.tz") respects the privacy of its users and other visitors to its website. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit and/or use our Site. Please read this policy carefully.
Information We Collect
When you make a reservation on our website, we store all information that you provide to us. Our site uses a form to request information, books We may collect two types of data and information from our users and visitors.
Non-identifiable and anonymous information
Non-personal information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual user. We collect information while you access, browse, view or otherwise use the Site. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the user on the Site, type of operating system, type and version of browser, IP address, screen resolution, etc.
Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”)
Personal information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the user. User may be required to provide either/all of the following information: full name, e-mail address and phone number. This information is collected from the details the user may provide when placing a booking online and/or when he/she chooses to contact us using our contact form or directly via email.
Our purpose for collecting information
Depending on the type of information we have collected from the device or user, the general purpose is to make sure we provide you with the services offered by Shabiiby Bus Service.
Non-personal information is collected for the following objectives:
- We use that information to enhance user experience and personalize your browsing experience as well as monitor the Site for fraud and inappropriate content.
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site’s interface.
Personal information is collected in order to:
- Be able to contact users for the purpose of providing them with assistance and support when placing a booking or using other services within our site.
- Reply to your online queries made through the Site.
- Determine general geolocation information from which the user’s computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site’s users as well as to safeguard our Site.
How we use collected information
Shabiby may use the information submitted, collected, received or generated from and/or about you for any of the following purposes :
- To process the transaction and provide you with the bus tickets you purchased and the information you need to use them;
- To operate, provide, administer, develop, and improve our Website and/or Services.
- To develop, improve and optimize the quality of our Website and/or Services;
- To authenticate users of our Website and/or Services;
- To better understand how users access and use our Website and/or Services on an aggregated and individualized basis, to track and monitor usage, to conduct quality control, to fix technical and other errors or problems, to conduct market research and to respond to user desires and preferences;
- To analyze, compile, publish, sell and otherwise exploit information relating to usage and users of the Website and/or Services;
- For advertising, marketing and promotional purposes;
- To maintain internal records;
- To provide personalized experiences and recommendations, language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your usage of our Website and/or Services;
- To provide you with support and handle inquiries;
- To communicate with or contact you concerning your account or booking ticket or your usage of or participation in the Website and/or Services, and for other customer service;
- To offer you content, services, or other products and services, including to develop new services and products;
- To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and targeted advertising, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- To protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect Shabiby’s rights or property.
Shabiby will not share your information with anyone, unless you ask us not to by using the address at the bottom of this page
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Shabiby may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We take great care in maintaining the security of the Site and your information and in preventing unauthorized access to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
Shabiby has implemented various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information under our control. For instance, we limit access to your personal information to authorized Shabiby personnel.
While we maintain a multitude of security measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personal information, no security measures are absolute or wholly guaranteed. we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
Shabiby will maintain your personal information for as long as a business need exists, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient. The law states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of this site but that for all others we need your permission to do so. Shabiby Bus does use some non-essential cookies. We do not do this to track individual users or to identify them, but to gain useful knowledge about how the site is used so that we can keep improving it for our users. This site uses different types of cookie as described below:
Types of cookies we use
We may collect information automatically when you visit the website. The cookies allow us to identify your device and find out details about your last visit. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
We only collect general information such as your visit to our website, location, your connection to the Internet e.g. Operating system, IP address, etc.
Some of the cookies on our website collect information about how visitors use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works
Our website uses Google Analytics cookies. Information collected by these cookies will be transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the USA in accordance with its privacy practices. For further information of Google’s privacy practices and how this applies to Google analytics, please visit:
How to control cookies
Depending on the browser you use to visit our website, the settings may vary among this browser. However you must know that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain features of this website that require cookies.
The links below explain how you can control cookies via different browsers:-
- Internet Explorer windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19255?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971?hl=en-GB
This website may contain links to other websites. When you click on a link on this website that takes you to a website operated by another company, you will be subjected to that company’s privacy practices.
Changes to this Policy